Thursday, September 01, 2005

 

Katrina

This is outside my usual schedule and practice... but screw the usual schedule and practice. This is important.

I was reminded of it when I got an email from my sister-in-law. That side of the family has relatives in the Mobile, Alabama area. I've now learned that my wife's aunt (her late father's sister) and her husband have lost their home. There has been other damage in the family, but that's the only devastating part. And so the family here in Oregon is trying to arrange a "care package" to send down once the delivery services are fully restored.

On the whole, the family escaped the worst. There was terrible loss of life as well as property in Katrina's wake. And while I'm not currently in a position to do anything about it financially, I can express my sympathy for those who lost possessions, my condolences to those who lost loved ones, and my prayers for both.

I admit that I'm a bit slow in coming on this, and I apologize without excuse to any who have taken offense at this.

I will also try to find some links to put up over the weekend for people to donate to the Red Cross and other relief efforts.

Comments:
What is the usual schedule or practice? By the way, thanks for voting for my blog on BOTBs.
 
The "usual schedule" for me is in the following post (Aug 31, "Time to Make a Change..."): cool tech stuff for the future on Mondays, personal-issues stuff on Wednesdays, political stuff on Fridays, and presently arts stuff on thursdays.

As for the "Battle of the Blogs" vote, you're welcome... though mainly I just vote for whatever looks best. (And you know, some of these are kinda hard to decide upon... but that's a matter for another day.)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Barnes& Noble.com Site-Wide Shipping Promotion Get Published with iUniverse! Free shipping on thousands of musical instruments Hickory Farms - Click Here TCOB 234 x 60 234x60_freeship_05 Logo WM234x60 CW0016 Messaging Til#122995 Lowest rate 234x60v2 Millions of dollars in online sales every day. Get your share.

Visitor since 7 Sept 2005:
Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer