Friday, August 05, 2005

 

Getting Started....

For years I've been wishing I could be a newspaper columnist. I have a lot to say, but hardly a forum in which to say it.

Today, that changes.

Starting next week I'll be trying to post something every weekend. It may come on Friday if something significant happens, or on Monday if I have to work on it, but somewhere over the weekend I'll post my thoughts here.

Look for my first editorial by the end of Monday, August 15, 2005.

So what will it be about? Whatever comes to my mind during the week. It might be a local, national, or world event. It usually will be something from the news, but it might come out of something in my own life. It might be a specific event, or an ongoing situation or debate.

Before all is done, you probably will see me expound my views on abortion, affirmative action, Amtrak, gay rights, the Middle East, the space program, and dozens of other issues affecting and holding the interest all of us. Depending on how widely-read this column (that is, this blog) becomes, I probably will also use it to bring certain individuals into focus -- noteworthy missing persons, dangerous fugitives, talented artists, heroes, and many others. I might even discover some other very useful and/or informative website, and direct people there.

Of course, as I write this, nobody knows I'm even doing it. But that's not important. Before long I'll be telling a few people about the column, and asking them to do likewise for others. If you're just now discovering the column, then see if you find it interesting, and if you do (or maybe even if you don't) tell someone who you think would find it enlightening.

I'm expecting this to be a wild, interesting ride.

Comments:
Good luck!
 
Welcome!
 
Thanks, guys! Hopefully I won't get lynched after I post my first couple of truly politically-oriented editorials.... ;)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Barnes& Noble.com Site-Wide Shipping Promotion Get Published with iUniverse! Free shipping on thousands of musical instruments Hickory Farms - Click Here TCOB 234 x 60 234x60_freeship_05 Logo WM234x60 CW0016 Messaging Til#122995 Lowest rate 234x60v2 Millions of dollars in online sales every day. Get your share.

Visitor since 7 Sept 2005:
Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer